Sunday, May 24, 2009

Welcome to the Mind of Dagomo - Be Afraid!

It's a momentous occasion, my first official blog post! My disjointed thoughts are hitting the blog space like a hammer... are you ready?? It's interesting, I've always wanted to write a blog but I couldn't fully find a reason to do so. Why would anyone want to read my personal thoughts? What was so important or different about my perspective that would make my innermost thoughts worth reading and considering? I still haven't answered that question to my satisfaction but, with the Zombie Apocalypse so close at hand, we need to collect our thoughts and make note of them for the society of the future. Zombie Apocalypse you ask? Well with the way things are, I wouldn't be surprised if it was right around the corner. In this case I'm specifically referring to the H1N1 virus outbreak that swept across continents over the past several weeks. 15-20 years ago, if someone had told me that we'd be contending with something commonly referred to as the "Swine Flu," I would probably laugh myself into a coma, but here we are. Four weeks ago news of the virus was huge, it was the super-flu that doctors had been warning about for years. It didn't seem like a big thing to me. I wasn't sick, no one I knew was sick, I knew deep down that it'd die down sooner or later. But it hasn't, not completely anyway. It's not on the news everyday but I know people are still worried about it. I was in the hospital for a few days last week and was shocked at the number of people who sauntered into the emergency room wearing surgical masks to protect themselves from the invisible and rarely lethal (outside of Mexico) virus. Some of the leading authorities on H1N1 say that the worst is over for now but are warning of a possible resurgence around October. Still, no need to panic! Panic can negatively affect your immune system and you'll need it to be at full strength when the new H1N1 virus hits! As for me, I'll be holed up in my impenetrable bunker, hording the vitamin C tablets, hoping to outlast the chaos, and preparing for the zombies. This is my first ever blog post, please forgive my lack of focus ;)

Until Next Time

Dagomo!

No comments:

Post a Comment